- Applications are invited for any suitable member of academic staff within a SICSA Institution to lead/co-lead the SICSA Networking & Systems Research Theme.
SICSA is the Scottish Funding Council Research Pool in Informatics and Computer Science. The goal of SICSA is to cohere the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science research communities to help increase critical ... Read more
- Doing a PhD can be challenging: whether you have to accommodate tight deadlines, deal with paper rejections, your experiments are not working, or you’re simply having a bad day. This is why it is important to look after yourself and your peers.
With the aim to support PhD students and their mental health throughout Scotland, SICSA ... Read more
- The SICSA conference in October 2020 is moving online and we want to make it an exemplar of what can be achieved. Many large scientific conferences are moving online, see for example: https://medium.com/@kording/how-to-run-big-neuro-science-conferences-online-neuromatch-io-49c694c7e65d a description of a successful online neuroscience conference. We think we should be able to do (much) better.
So, we are throwing this open to the ... Read more
- We are excited to announce the SICSA PhD Award for Best Dissertation in Scotland, in partnership with ScotlandIS Winners will be announced at the SICSA Conference 2020, which is being held together with ScotSoft 2020 on 1st October. Shortlisted candidates, all those selected for an honourable mention, will be invited to present their work at the SICSA Conference. The ultimate winner will receive a prize of £2000 (in vouchers); all shortlisted ... Read more
- SICSA is a collaboration of 14 Scottish Universities, promoting international excellence in University-led research, education, and knowledge exchange for Scottish Informatics and Computer Science.
This year, SICSA will hold its flagship conference on the theme of Future Sustainable Societies, with contributions from within SICSA and the wider research pooling community. To showcase the strength of research ... Read more