- DemoFest: Bringing Research to Life
4th November 2019, 4.00pm – 7.00pm at Our Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh.
DemoFest is SICSA’s signature knowledge exchange event, showcasing the very best of Informatics and Computing Science research from all of Scotland’s Universities. The largest event of its kind in Scotland, DemoFest attracts a mix of more than 300 participants, including software industry practitioners, researchers and ... Read more
- Welcome to Professor Aaron Quigley of the University of St Andrews, who assumes the role of SICSA Director today.
Aaron brings a wealth of experience to the role at an important time for SICSA as we look towards 2020. You can contact Aaron at email@example.com.
Also, our thanks go to Professor Rod Murray-Smith, who has provided crucial support ... Read more
- SICSA extends a warm welcome to Dr Lilia Georgieva (Heriot Watt University) who takes over co-leadership of the SICSA Theory, Modelling and Computation research theme this month. Along with Clemens Kupke (University of Strathclyde), Lilia will be responsible for leading the theme for the next two years.
Thanks go to Dr Ekaterina Komendantskaya for her role in ... Read more
- Congratulations to all of the prize winners at the SICSA PhD Conference 2019 in Stirling!
SICSA PhD Research Competition
1st Year Winner: Jacob König (GCU): ‘Deep Learning Surface Crack Segmentation’
2nd Year Winner: Ryan Gibson (University of Strathclyde): ‘Using Tablet Technologies to Promote Communication Between Adults with Mild Learning Disabilities and General Practitioner’
3rd Year Winner: Sofiat Olaosebikan ... Read more
- Congratulations go to the SICSA Supervisor of the Year 2019, Professor David Manlove of the University of Glasgow.
This award recognises the exceptional contribution that Professor Manlove has made to his students and it was presented at the SICSA PhD Conference on 18th June 2019.
We received a great many nominations this year from across the SICSA ... Read more