- Applications are invited for any suitable member of academic staff within a SICSA Institution to co-lead the SICSA Cyber Physical Systems Research Theme.
Research pooling across Scotland is entering an exciting phase. Having recently released the review of pooling, the SFC are considering a number of recommendations which present opportunities for someone interested in this theme ... Read more
- We are pleased to announce that we are now recruiting for a new SICSA Director of Education. Applications are welcome from any suitable member of academic staff working at a SICSA member institution.
SICSA Education has a focus on enhancing collaboration across the core activities of Undergraduate and Postgraduate education provision in Scotland. The group represents ... Read more
- by Gianluca Palombo
5 August 2019
CodeYourFuture are a charity who train refugees, asylum seekers and people from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds to become professional software developers. We are already running classes in London, Manchester, Glasgow and Rome – with plans to extend to other cities in the near future. On the weekend of the 27th June, CodeYourFuture ... Read more
- by Vasileios Stamatis
29th July 2019
The European Summer School in Information Retrieval (ESSIR) is a summer school for Information Retrieval and has been taking place since 1990 and the last few years it has taken by every two years. The ESSIR 2019 took place in Milan, Italy, in the University of Milan-Bicocca. Myself and many other students ... Read more
- SICSA Education would like to invite the Scottish Computing community to apply for funds to host SICSA Education workshops or other education focussed events. Some of the more recent workshops that have been funded have included:
• How should we assess group work?
• Skills in entrepreneurial education
• Computational thinking in primary schools
We now invite members of ... Read more