The SICSA Data Science Theme invites proposals to support Data Science research across Scottish Universities to carry out research activities completed by 31 January 2023. We have £2500 to support the following activities:
- Face-To-Face Event Organization, including workshops and presentations, for funding toward catering or speaker travel (max £500);
- Online events/Webinars Organization (max £500);
- Computational resources including cloud credits (max £500);
- Travel/Networking (max £500);
- Data set curation, including collection and processing (max £500); and
- Other grants to support specific Data Science projects (max £500).
These grants will be awarded on merit. The closing date for this call is 21 October 2022, at noon. Decisions will be released by 28 October 2022.
There is no restriction on the topics, but we encourage applications to research into new Data Science related areas and those that are difficult to find funding elsewhere. Evidence of attempts to find additional or alternative funding would be considered a strength. Proposals that demonstrate value-for-money will be preferred.
For more information on the Data Science Theme and to apply, please click here. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Data Science Theme leaders, Yashar Moshfeghi and Stewart Massie. If you need help organising an event, please contact the SICSA event coordinator, Tiffany Babey.
Yashar Moshfeghi and Stewart Massie
SICSA Data Science Theme Leaders