This funding is designed to help facilitate collaborations between Scottish-based Computer Scientists and talented academic or researchers or leading professionals in industry or the public sector from across the globe. The funding can be used for travel, accommodation and subsistence for the visitor. There will be consideration for additional funding if the proposal supports activities across different SICSA Research Themes, Research Pools and/or is in relation to current challenges.
- Visits can last from anywhere between 1-week and 3-months
- Visitors should be engaged with at least two SICSA institutions during the visit
- Visitors must deliver at least one seminar whilst visiting with the level of expected activity increasing in line with the length of stay
- Visitors can come from academia or industry
- Host institutions must contribute 20% of the total cost of the visit
Annual Funding Call Deadlines
- 31 October
- 28 February
- 30 April
- 30 June
What does funding cover
- Return air fare (maximum applied to long-haul destinations)
- Internal travel costs
- Accommodation costs
Please note that we cannot make advance payments prior to the visit taking place.
- Read the DVF Guidelines
- Ensure your host institution is aware that they will contribute 20% of the total cost of the visit
- Complete the application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org in the next funding call
Please note that we no longer accept applications for this funding programme.