This funding is designed to help facilitate collaborations between Scottish-based Computer Scientists and talented researchers from across the globe. The funding can be used for travel, accommodation and subsistence for the visitor.
- Visits can last from anywhere between 1-week and 3-months
- Visitors should be engaged with at least two SICSA institutions during the visit
- Visitors must deliver at least one seminar whilst visiting with the level of expected activity increasing in line with the length of stay
- Visitors can come from academia or industry
- Host institutions must contribute 20% of the total cost of the visit
Funding Call Deadlines
- 31 October
- 28 February
- 30 April
- 30 June
What will the funding cover
- Return air fare (maximum applied to long-haul destinations)
- Internal travel costs
- Accommodation costs
Please note that we cannot make advance payments prior to the visit taking place.
- Download the guidelines
- Identify your visitor and liaise with them regarding a visit – establishing timescales, preliminary dates & activities to be undertaken whilst visiting.
- Identify other researchers/research groups across Scotland to interact with during the visit – visits can be hosted by a single researcher, or multiple researchers from several SICSA institutions
- Complete the application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org in the next funding call