By using the Site you consent to the collection/retention and use of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Information that we collect from you
We collect information about you:
- when you provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc.) by registering with us or submitting an enquiry via the Site;
- when you respond to surveys which we ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- from your usage of the Site and any other information you post on the site, facebook, twitter, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
Use of your information
We use your information:
- to enable us to supply you with the goods, services and information which you have requested;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the Site;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may contact you by post, telephone or fax as well as by e-mail and SMS. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know.
Storage of your information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
Authorised personnel within the project will be able to access the information you provide to us. We may also disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in the policy or for purposes approved by you.
Unless required or permitted do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This information is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, does not identify any individual. It is used to inform improvements to the website, for system administration, and to report aggregate information to third parties.
For the same reasons, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. We use this information to track your movements through the Site, to find out how the Site is being used and to assess its usefulness. Personal information about you is not collected during the tracking process.
For more information on cookies please see www.allaboutcookies.org
We may use persistent cookies if you have registered with us on-line. These cookies allow us to make the logging-in process easier and more secure. They will also be used to recognise you when you return to the Site. We may also use session cookies that will hold your data on our site until such time as you logout.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the Site.