Date(s) - 11/07/2022 - 15/07/2022
Heriot-Watt University Campus
SPLV 2022 is scheduled to run one full week: Monday 11 July – Friday 15 July. Lectures will run face-to-face on-site (on the Heriot-Watt campus), with follow-up Q+A facilitated on the SPLV Slack and/or SPLS Zulip. To encourage active learning and participation, we arrange catering and accommodation on the Heriot-Watt campus. There will also be an active social program in the afternoons.
- James McKinna (HWU): “The lambda calculus, formalised: the Church-Rosser and Standardisation theorems, with applications”
- Elizabeth Polgreen (U. Edinburgh): “An Introduction to SAT and SMT”
- Invited External Speaker: Grant Passmore (Imandra AI, USA): “Industrial verification with Imandra”
- Susmit Sarkar (St. Andrews): “An Introduction to Reasoning with Weak Memory”
- Ohad Kammar (U. Edinburgh): “Introduction to Statistical modelling with higher-order measure theory”
- Glynn Winskel (U. Strathclyde/Huawei Labs): “Making Concurrency Functional”
- Jeremy Singer (U. Glasgow): “Capabilities for Coders; an introduction to the CHERI platform”
- Sam Lindley (U. Edinburgh): “Effect-Handler Oriented Programming”
The school is aimed at PhD students in programming languages, verification and related areas. Also, researchers and practitioners will be very welcome, as will strong master’s students with the support of a supervisor. Participants will need to have a background in computer science, mathematics or a related discipline, and have basic familiarity with (functional) programming and logic.
The registration deadline has now passed. The registration fee covers coffee breaks, lunches, dinners, and an excursion. The registration fees are as follows:
- Students & Academics: £330.
- PhD students at Scottish Universities: £0 (Thanks to sponsoring by the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance).
- Industry: £500.
We offer 5-night accommodation (Sunday to Friday) in student dorms for £210. Please indicate your interest in the registration form. Alternatively, Marriot Hotel on Heriot-Watt campus offers self-organised accommodation.
Please contact one of the local organisers if you have any questions: