Date(s) - 17/06/2021
1:00 pm - 4:15 pm
This meeting aims to bring together AI researchers from universities across Scotland to share our current work.
There is already a strong AI research community among the Scottish universities. The goal of this meeting will be to share with each other our current research group activities with a view to foster potential collaborations. We will have a brief talk from each institution giving a high-level view of their current AI-related research and where they might connect with others. We will also have an opportunity to learn about and discuss Scotland’s new AI Strategy.
We know it’s been a much busier year than normal so we are hoping to keep the workshop short but effective.
Programme (small adjustments might happen during the day):
- 13.00 – 13.15: Welcome (SICSA AI Theme co-leads and SICSA exec)
- 13.15 – 14.00: Keynote – Steph Wright (Datalab & Scotland’s AI Strategy) (chair: Georgios Leontidis)
- 14.00 – 14.15: Break
- 14.15 – 15.30: Presentations (chair: Alice Toniolo)
- 15.30 – 16.00: (networking, group conversations, panel discussion, something else?) (chair: Sandy)
- 16.00 – 16.15: Wrap-up (SICSA AI Theme co-leads)
Steph Wright – Director of Health & Wellbeing Engagement at Datalab and AI Strategy Development Lead
Steph is a data science enthusiast with specific experience of the healthcare domain. She has been extensively involved in developing and building collaborations across organisations as well as experience in project and programme management. Steph has a diverse background ranging from astrophysics to genomics in academia and film & TV to dance in the arts and the third sector. Recently Steph led on Data Lab’s efforts in support of the Scottish Government in developing Scotland’s AI Strategy. Going forward, she is working with Gillian Docherty, CEO of the Data Lab and the newly announced Scottish AI Alliance to deliver the strategy’s vision for Scotland. Steph will introduce Scotland’s AI strategy which was launched earlier this year.
- Dimitra Gkatzia (Edinburgh Napier University, AI theme co-lead
- Sandy Brownlee (University of Stirling, AI theme co-lead)
- Georgios Leontidis (University of Aberdeen)
- Alice Toniolo (St Andrews University)
- Simon Wells (Edinburgh Napier University)
You can register in Eventbrite.