We had a fantastic response to the SICSA Data Science Research Theme – Call for Research Grants. The call is now closed. Thank you to those who submitted applications, we will be in contact with your shortly to let you know the outcome of your application
The SICSA Data Science Theme invites proposals to support Data Science research across Scottish Universities to carry out research activities completed by 31 July 2022. We support the following activities:
- Travel/networking (max £250);
- Face-To-Face Event Organization, including workshops and presentations, for funding toward catering or speaker travel (max £250);
- Online events/Webinars Organization (max £250);
- Computational resources including cloud credits (max £500); and
- Other small grants to support specific Data Science projects (max £500).
These smaller applications will be considered shortly after being submitted, and we aim to have a decision within a week. The closing date for this call is 27 April 2022, at noon.
We also sponsor two larger grants for the following activities:
- Studentship, including research visit or extension to existing PhD (max £1000); or
- Data set curation, including collection and processing (max £1000).
These larger grants will be awarded on merit. The closing date for this call is 11 April 2022, at noon.
There is no restriction on the topics, but we encourage applications to research into new Data Science related areas and those that are difficult to find funding elsewhere. Evidence of attempts to find additional or alternative funding would be considered a strength. Proposals that demonstrate value-for-money will be preferred.
For more information on the Data Science Theme please click here. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Data Science Theme leaders, Yashar Moshfeghi and Stewart Massie. If you need help organising an event, please contact Anastasia Fliatoura.