The SICSA Artificial Intelligence Research Theme invites proposals to support Scottish AI researchers in carrying out research activities over the summer of 2022. We anticipate applications for three types of activities (or a combination):
- Travel/networking (max £250)
- Equipment including cloud credits (max £500)
- Studentship (max £1000)
While there is no restriction on the topics, we encourage applications to research into new AI-related areas and those that are difficult to find funding for. We are particularly keen to support proposals that also align with the emerging SFC challenge areas of:
- Future Health and Wellbeing
- Tackling the Climate Emergency and the Just Transition to
- Transition to a Sustainable economy
Projects can also be topped up by host institutions. Total funds are limited so we will have a preference for projects that show good value for money, and we don’t expect to award more than 2 summer studentships.
The closing date for this call is 29 April 2022.