The Scottish Graduate School of Social Science, in partnership with the Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities, is excited to announce that applications for Spring into Methods 2021 is now open.
The Spring into Methods programme brings together arts, humanities and social science doctoral researchers from across Scotland and offers sessions providing an interdisciplinary and in-depth approach to learning a specific research method. These interdisciplinary workshops are open to all doctoral researchers aligned with SGSAH, SGSSS, SOCIAL AI or SICSA at member HEIs.
Eight workshops will be running as part of Spring into Methods between Tuesday 06 April and Friday 21 May 2021:
- Advanced Interviewing & Oral History Theory & Practice post COVID-19
- African Feminism: Transformative Purpose and Power in Research Methodology
- Autism in Qualitative Research: Facilitating Inclusion and Participation of Autistic People as a Marginalised Group in Research
- DIY Academic Archiving: Curating your Research Materials and Creating Open Research Data
- Entangle your Doctoral Project: Posthuman Research Approaches
- Financial Diaries in Times of Pandemic
- Narrative Portraits in Qualitative Research
- “Sketchbook Thinking”: Visual Experimentation as a Research Method
Applications are open via Social at 9am on Monday 15 February and close at 5pm on Monday 01 March.
If you have any questions regarding this scheme then please do not hesitate to get in touch with Mike Crabb.