Director of SICSA
Applications are invited from any suitable member of academic staff within a SICSA Institution for the role of Director of SICSA.
SICSA is the Scottish Funding Council Research Pool in Informatics and Computer Science. The goal of SICSA is to cohere the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science research communities to help increase critical mass and to enable cooperation in research, teaching and knowledge exchange. The SICSA Director provides academic leadership for SICSA, working with the SICSA Directorate and the SICSA Executive.
Research pooling across Scotland is entering an exciting phase. Having recently released the review of pooling, the SFC are considering a number of recommendations which present opportunities for someone interested this role. You can lead and shape the foundations for the future of SICSA as we develop into a new programme for Scottish research. Anyone interesting in taking on this role should be willing to lead and work with other members of the directorate on developing a new direction for SICSA in light of a changing funding landscape
The SICSA Director role is part-time, taking approximately 20% of the working week as follows:
- Working with Directors and SICSA Executive to deliver activities such as research themes, researcher mobility, SICSA Graduate Academy, Education, Knowledge Exchange and other events (10%)
- Directing and Chairing the SICSA Committee, SICSA Research Committee and SICSA Advisory Board, interacting with SICSA constituent Schools. (2%)
- Liaison with Scottish Funding Council (SFC) and other bodies relative to the strategic direction of SICSA. Representing SICSA on various external boards. (2%)
- Developing overall SICSA strategy with the other SICSA Directors in the areas of research, teaching and knowledge exchange. (3%)
- Representing and presenting SICSA at events such as DemoFest, SICSA PhD Conference, and other external events. (2%)
- Participate in the annual Performance & Development process for the SICSA Executive Officer. (<1%)
For further information on the role and to apply please see our vacancies page