Recognising the need to develop our PhD students, encourage relationship-building and raise awareness of Scotland’s Computing Science research excellence, SICSA has made funding available to assist Scottish-based Computer Science PhD students with attending Conferences, either in the UK or abroad (no restrictions on location).
Up to £1000 available per award for each SICSA School/Department to fund one student attendance (*per academic year) at a conference either in the UK or abroad.
Funds can be used for:
- Conference Registration;
- Travel; and/or
*academic year runs from Aug 1st – July 31st.
Funding Call Deadlines
- 31 October
- 28 February
- 30 April
- 30 June
- Download the guidelines, complete the application form provided and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by each deadline.
- Arrange for your supervisor to email their support to email@example.com. This email must detail the following in order for your application to be considered:
- How the Conference is aligned with the applicants’ area of research;
- A statement confirming that the applicant is presenting a paper/poster; and
- A brief assessment of the quality of the Conference
After submission of the form, the proposal will be considered by the SICSA Graduate Academy Director and you will be notified of the outcome within four weeks.