SICSA is able to provide support for researchers in Informatics and Computing Sciences at SICSA institutions to boost participation in European projects.
We support proposals from all Scotland-based Computing academics to establish network connections, showcasing their skills and capabilities in participating in specific networking activities both for policy influencing and project preparation.
- Funding is for European project preparation work with awards available from up to £1k, £5k and £10k
- Increasing SICSA involvement and more ambitious proposals or targets are expected as award value increases
- Preference given to proposals involving SME partners
- Single institution bids are accepted but preference will be given to those including two or more SICSA institutions
Annual Funding Call Deadlines
There are no funding call deadlines – applications can be submitted at any time.
Please note that we cannot fund retrospective applications and we cannot make advance payments prior to the travel taking place.
What can the funding be used for?
- Travel for academics going to consortium meetings where they introduce a Scottish SME
- Consortium development meetings
- To establish network connections
- Cost of a specialist consultant support for bids
- Support for a SICSA academic’s time to develop proposals
- Admin time to coordinate bids and meetings.
Information on forthcoming ICT H2020 calls can be found on the European Commission Participant Portal.
Advice on finding and contacting relevant SMEs can be found through Interface.