Date(s) - 03/12/2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The SICSA Cyber Security research theme is pleased to announce the PhD Student Forum 2021. PhD students at SICSA Universities, whose research is aligned with Cyber Security, are invited to participate in the forum by submitting a poster of their current research. All submissions will be reviewed for inclusion in the forum. Students with an accepted submission are expected to attend and present their research at the online forum.
The online forum will be open to all SICSA PhD students, but only accepted submissions will get the opportunity to present and receive feedback on their work. Attendance is FREE, for both presenters and any other registered attendees. A Zoom link will be provided to all registered participants.
Submissions should include a one-page poster describing the research (max A2 size and in PDF format). Email the submission to email@example.com with the subject: Cyber Security PhD Student Forum 2021.
Recognition, Lunch and Prizes
All accepted submissions will receive certificates of accomplishment and an UBER Eats voucher will be sent the day before the forum so attendees can get lunch delivered. Authors of accepted posters will present their work at the forum and up to three best submissions will receive Amazon vouchers for their presentations.
- Submission Deadline: 29 October 2021 (AoE)
- Notification of Acceptance: 12 November 2021
- Registration Deadline: 25 November 2021 (see Forum website for registration link)
- Forum: 3 December 2021 (10am-4pm)
- 9:45am-10am Pre-Forum Coffee & Chat
- 10am Welcome & Opening Remarks
- 10:15-11am Keynote by Stuart MacDonald (CEO Seric Systems, Glasgow)
- 11am-11:15am Coffee Break
- 11:15am-1pm Session I – Talks by PhD students
- 1pm – 2pm Lunch Break
- 2pm – 3:30 Session II – Talks by PhD students
- 3:30pm Close & Prize announcement