Date(s) - 22/08/2022 - 26/08/2022
University of Glasgow
The EuroPar Doctoral Symposium is a forum for PhD students to present their work, meet and interact with peers, and to receive constructive feedback about their work from experts in the EuroPar community.
The program will feature technical presentations by PhD students, general research advice, and discussions in panel and open formats.
Call for Applications
We invite submissions from PhD students at any stage of their doctoral studies. Applicants must be officially enrolled in a PhD Program at the time of submission, and each submission MUST be backed by an endorsement from the official PhD adviser(s). Required submission files are as follows:
- Title of work, author and adviser(s) names, affiliations
- Abstract of the work
- Brief description of work being done, including the problem being addressed, the research methodology being used, and preliminary results (if any)
Adviser Statement of Support on institutional letterhead, including:
- Declaration that the applicant is their PhD student, and the length of time of this relationship
- Confirmation of support for applicant’s participation
- The applicant’s expected academic contributions
- The level of work that has been achieved by the student (in the course of or before the PhD work)
- How the student will prepare for the event
- How the student plans to attend the event (i.e. in person or online)
- How travel and accommodation costs are to be met, if planning to attend in person
- The expected impact of attending the event on the student’s work
We are happy to announce that we can cover the registration fees of 28 student attendees. These are detailed as follows:
- 14 awards funded by SICSA. To qualify, you should be a PhD student currently studying Informatics and Computing Science within a SICSA institution.
- 14 awards funded by the Euro-Par Foundation. To qualify, you should be a PhD student studying Informatics and Computing Science at the time of the event.
On top of the above specific criteria for each studentship, the following criteria will be used:
Explicit recommendation by the supervisor(s) is paramount, as awards will be given based on the strength of the supervisor(s) letter.
Priority will be given to in-person attendees.
- Submissions: 20 May 2022
- Notifications: 27 June 2022