Date(s) - 22/07/2020
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Due to COVID-19 this SPLS meeting will be online. Instructions how to access the talks and the online spaces for social interaction during the breaks will be published nearer the time.
Knowing roughly how many people plan to join this meeting will help with planning the tool setup. Please register by filling in the Doodle poll.
13:00 — 13:30 WELCOME
13:30 — 14:30 SESSION 1: Programming Language Design and Compilers
- Michel Steuwer (Glasgow): Achieving High-Performance the Functional Way — Expressing High-Performance Optimizations as Rewrite Strategies
- Sam Lindley (Heriot-Watt): The Virtues of Semi-Explicit Polymorphism
14:30 — 15:00 BREAK
15:00 — 16:00 SESSION 2: Types and Semantics
- Jesse Sigal (Edinburgh): Automatic Differentiation via Effects and Handlers
- Wen Kokke (Heriot-Watt, Edinburgh): Robustness as a Refinement Type
16:00 — 16:30 BREAK
16:30 — 17:15 SESSION 3: Dependent Types
- Bob Atkey (Strathclyde): Resource Constrained Programming with Full Dependent Types
17:15 — 18:00 CLOSING/PUB
The abstracts for the presentations can be found here.
General information about SPLS is available from the SPLS page.
For information about this event, please contact Patrick Maier.