SICSA Education would like to invite the Scottish Computing community to apply for funds to host SICSA Education workshops or other education focussed events. Some of the more recent workshops that have been funded have included:
- How should we assess group work?
- Skills in entrepreneurial education
- Computational thinking in primary schools
We now invite members of the community to bid to host an event, either to expand on any of these topics; or to propose events on any other Computing Education related topic.
In order to apply please complete the attached pro forma (no more than 2 pages) and return it to email@example.com by Monday the 30th April. A further call will be made over the Summer, but we will also accept applications throughout the year.
The funding available per workshop is variable, but is typically in the region of £500 – £1,000.
Funding can be used for:
- Event catering (tea/coffee/lunch)
- Travel and subsistence for invited speakers
- Travel and subsistence for event organisers (if not based at the host institution)
- Other reasonable expenses associated with organising the event
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed information about SICSA Education can be found at: http://www.sicsa.ac.uk/education/education-event-sponsorship/; and http://www.sicsa.ac.uk/education/.
If you wish to sign up to the SICSA Education mailing list for updates on all events and activities, please visit: http://lists.inf.ed.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/sicsa-education.