- We extend a warm welcome to our new Director of Knowledge Exchange, Alistair Lawson, who joins SICSA today. Alistair brings valuable experience to the role. He is a member of the Centre for Distributed Computing, Networking and Security within the School of Computing at Edinburgh Napier University and is involved in Research and Knowledge Exchange projects ... Read more
- A room full of entrepreneurially minded data scientists and analysts, designers, software engineers and transport industry professionals spending 3 days and 3 nights side by side developing product prototypes to improve transport services within Scotland – sound good?
Product Forge is running a competitive transport hackathon at CodeBase in Edinburgh from Thursday 4th May until Sunday ... Read more
- We are delighted to confirm that the 2017 SICSA PhD Conference will take place on 27th & 28th June at the University of Dundee. Registration for the event is now open!
The SICSA PhD Conference has become one of the highlights of the SICSA events calendar, bringing together Computing Science and Informatics PhD students, leading academics, and industry ... Read more
- Cyber Security is growing in importance as more and more of what we do moves online. Both public and private sector organisations are employing more cyber security professionals, both because they want to secure their information, but also, increasingly, because they are required to do so by new legislation.
The University of Glasgow School of Computing ... Read more
- We have extended the deadline for applications for the SICSA Director of Education position to 31st January 2017. We invite applicants who are currently employed in academic/teaching positions at any SICSA member institution.
The post is equivalent to 0.2FTE and the duration is 2 years. This post is not directly funded by SICSA and as such it ... Read more