- SICSA Education would like to invite the Scottish Computing community to apply for funds to host SICSA Education workshops or other education focussed events. Some of the more recent workshops that have been funded have included:
How should we assess group work?
Skills in entrepreneurial education
Computational thinking in primary schools
We now invite members of the community to bid to ... Read more
- Researchers from the University of Glasgow and AMMACHI Labs at Amrita University in India have recently been undertaking a feasibility study utilising robots for water transportation in India, which has identified as a key problem for those living in rural communities. The project, which was co-funded by SICSA (via the Postdoctoral and Early Career Researcher Exchanges ... Read more
- A host of internationally-acclaimed leaders in the field of data science have been confirmed as speakers for the upcoming two-day international conference, Data Summit. Leading the programme are ‘Weapons of Math Destruction’ author Cathy O’Neil and former NASA astrophysicist turned data scientist, Kirk Borne.
Data Summit will take place at the Assembly Rooms, Edinburgh on 22nd ... Read more
- As part of the recent Scottish Government funding for the SICSA Cyber Nexus, we have recently launched the Cyber Nexus Virtual Innovation Hub. This funding programme will support innovative research in Cyber Security that has commercial potential.
The main aim of this initiative is to help researchers to develop their technologies into a proposition that can either ... Read more
- University of Edinburgh are running a workshop on how to do an Informatics PhD, which is open to students at all SICSA member-institutions. Details as follows:
Tuesday 17 April 2018, 13:30 – 16:30 – Please note the new date due to planned strike action at the University
University of Edinburgh – Room 5.3 Lister Building, Lister Learning And ... Read more