Date(s) - 22/03/2016
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
University of the West of Scotland
The purpose of this workshop is to bring together Hons Project coordinators, supervisors and other interested parties from across Scotland to share experiences and exchange best practices.
The schedule for the day will be:
10:00 10:15: D126 – Welcome, coffee/tea
10:15-12:15: D133 – Examples of current practices at SICSA member universities. Participants will be invited to give a 10-15 minute presentation on how Hons Projects are undertaken and managed at their institution, highlighting particular issues of interest that may be further explored in the afternoon session.
12:15-13:00: D126 – Lunch
13:00-15:00: D133 – Addressing key challenges – possible items for discussion include:
- Issues of ethical approval for Hons Projects
- Facilitating effective use of technologies for Hons Projects
- Allocating Hons Projects – is there a fair system?
- Hons Project success stories – common threads
- Best practices in helping students realise their full potential
- Horror stories – why Hons Project fail
- Hons Projects as a means of developing and showcasing software development skills and work
Future challenges – meeting future needs of universities and students
Attendance at the workshop is free. For catering purposes, if you are interested in attending then please email Mark Stansfield – email@example.com
Directions and limited car parking spaces are available on request.