Date(s) - 28/06/2018 - 29/06/2018
Robert Gordon University
The SICSA PhD Conference has become one of the highlights of the SICSA events calendar, bringing together Computing Science and Informatics PhD students, leading academics, and industry practitioners for 2 days of workshops, keynote presentations and social events. The conference is an event aimed specifically at Informatics and Computing Science PhD students and is organised each year by a hard working committee of PhD students and members of the SICSA Executive.
The event will feature keynote talks from Professor Bill Buchanan (Edinburgh Napier University) and Andrew Richards (CEO Codeplay).
Workshops will include:
- Your Career in Academia – Balancing Teaching and Research
- Your PhD – What’s next?
- Web Accessibility: Learn new techniques to improve assistive technologies design
- 5 Statistical Mistakes You are Likely to Make
- Student Wellbeing: Managing your PhD Journey
- How to do a Systematic Literature Review
- Demystifying the PhD Thesis
There will also be a poster competition; plus networking, dinner and drinks in the grand surroundings of the Trinity Hall, Aberdeen on the evening of 28th June.
Registration for the conference is funded by SICSA, as is accommodation at the RGU residences for those living outside of Aberdeen on both 27th and 28th June.
For full details about the conference programme, please visit the Conference Web Site