Date(s) - 31/05/2018
Edinburgh Napier University
The world is moving towards Big Data, with Cyber Security and the tracking of network events one of its leading applications. Threats to organisations increase by the day, and many have responded by moving towards the integration of SIEM (Secure Incident and Event Management) to detect malicious activity.
Our conference brings together industry, academia and law enforcement to share insights, ideas, expertise and resources in responding to current security challenges, and in particular to look at the opportunities and challenges in managing and using big data in a cyber security context.
This event is hosted by The Cyber Academy, with the principal sponsor of SBL (Software Box Limited) and in collaboration with The SICSA Cyber Nexus. We will investigate best practice in industry and look to future Big Data infrastructures for the benefit of organisations in monitoring security events, and in automated generation of audit information and business analytics.
The application of SIEM is now being applied in many areas including security monitoring, incident response and Cyber Crime investigation. The event aims to showcase best practice in industry and in network investigations.
Within the conference their will also be an research track, and where research papers will be presented. The best papers submitted will be published within the Journal of Cyber Security Technology.
Please register your interest here.
The areas covered include:
- insights into current high profile security incidents, their impact, and how they are reported.
- impact of GDPR.
- key threats and risks associated with losing business critical data.
- leading tools, techniques and insights in network threat analysis, detection and investigation.
- best practice in implementing SIEM strategy.
- developing and testing effective incident response.
- evolution of the Security Operations Centre (SOC) and its emerging future requirements.
- the need for skills, knowledge and awareness across an organisation.
- latest research and innovation around threat discovery, machine learning, and data analysis.
Full details at: http://thecyberacademy.org/bigdata2018/