Date(s) - 01/05/2014
University of Strathclyde
We’re pleased to invite contributions to a one day Workshop on Real World Domain Specific Languages to be held at Heriot-Watt University on 1st May, 2014. The Workshop is sponsored by the EPSRC Rathlin project and the Scottish Informatics & Computer Science Alliance (SICSA).
We are particularly interested in stand-alone DSLs that address some real world need, rather than experimental DSLs exemplifying language properties. We are also interested in discussion of the whole notion of a DSL, especially “embedded” DSLs.
We seek presentations lasting up to 30 minutes, including questions. For presentations about DSLs, either complete or in progress, we’d like the common format:
Confirmed presentations include:
• Paul Cockshott (Glasgow): the Intermediate Language for Code Generation (ILCG) ;
• Allin Cottrell (Wake-Forest) and Jack Lucchetti (Marche): the hansl language for the gretl econometrics system;
• Rob Stewart (Heriot-Watt) and Deepyan Bhowmik (Heriot-Watt): the Rathlin Image Processing Language (RIPL).
If there is sufficient interest, after the event we will explore calling for papers to be refereed for a journal special issue.
Attendance is free, and refreshments and lunch will be provided.
If you’d like to take part in the workshop, either to present or to attend, please email an abstract of your proposed presentation to Rob Stewart (R.Stewart@hw.ac.uk).
• abstract submission deadline: Friday 21st March
• confirmation of acceptance: Tuesday 1st April
• workshop registration deadline: Friday 25th April
• workshop: Thursday 1st May