Date(s) - 20/11/2017
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
The SICSA Theory, Modelling & Computation Research Theme is pleased to be sponsoring the fourth meeting of the Categories, Logics and Physics (CLAP) Scotland which is taking place on Monday 20 November at the Informatics Forum, University of Edinburgh
CLAP Scotland is a forum for applications of category theory and logic to physics and computer science, that aims to maintain and enhance the cohesion of Scottish research in these areas. The meetings provide an informal atmosphere where participants can easily interact. They are open, and all are welcome to attend, in particular research students. This is a continuation of the series of CLAP workshops in the greater London area held biannually 2008-2010, and of the Scottish Category Theory seminar that ran biannually 2009-2014, and we encourage the same friendly and open atmosphere.
If you would like to host a meeting or give a talk, contact Chris Heunen.
- 10:00 Coffee
- 10:30 Tom Leinster (University of Edinburgh)
- 11:20 Danel Ahman (Inria Paris)
- 12:10 Lunch
- 13:00 Noam Zeilberger (University of Birmingham)
- 13:50 Christian Korff (University of Glasgow)
- 14:40 Tea
- 15:10 Bob Coecke (University of Oxford)
- 16:00 Ross Duncan (University of Strathclyde)
- 16:40 Quanlong Wang (University of Oxford)
- 17:00 Pub
Registration is free, but for catering purposes please email the local organiser Chris Heunen as soon as possible if you plan to attend.