- by Professor Carron Shankland, University of Stirling
21 February 2017
We know that women are not well represented in our discipline. The 2016 Women in IT scorecard shows that while all girls get Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at an early age in school, the number of women drops throughout education to 36% at GCSE level, 26% ... Read more
- by Dr Jeremy Singer, SICSA Graduate Academy Director
A summer school is a fantastic experience for a research student. Learning is much more effective when learners are having fun. And what could be more enjoyable than a residential holiday, mixing with PhD students and subject experts, focusing on a hot topic in Computer Science?
SICSA sponsors PhD ... Read more
- by Dr Karen Petrie, SICSA Education Director
On the 1st of September 2013 I (Dr Karen Petrie, University of Dundee) replaced Professor Greg Michaelson (Heriot-Watt University) as the SICSA Director of Education. This included taking over as HE representative on a number of boards including the Skills Development Scotland ICT Investment Plan implementation group and the ... Read more
- by Alan Settery, SICSA Cyber Security Network Integrator
Once again the annual Cyber Security Christmas lectures has been a huge success with over 2,600 school pupils having a fun experience in the world of Cyber Security and chocolate!
The 5 day lecture series was held just before Christmas across Scotland at universities UHI – Inverness, RGU – ... Read more
- DataFest17 is a festival of data innovation run by The Data Lab, with events hosted across Scotland from 20th to 24th March 2017. Scotland is a melting pot of data innovation and the festival will further catalyse activity across the country and bring an international breath on data innovation and best practice to Scotland. DataFest ... Read more